Sunday, February 15, 2009

Are You Trying to Change Your Circumstances?

Hagar said in reply to the Angel of the Lord, "I am fleeing from the presence of my mistress Sarai." Genesis 16:8B

If we seek to change our circumstances by fleeing, we essentially jump from the frying pan right into the fire. The harsh reality is that it is often necessary to our eternal outcomes to learn how to succeed and persevere exactly where we are. It is never a change of climate nor a change of scenery that we need… Nope! It's a change of heart that will ultimately bring us the greatest benefit and blessing.

Our flesh (human nature – base instincts) always wants to run away, but God wants to demonstrate His power and ability for our benefit exactly where and when we are experiencing our greatest need. – Life's disappointments are often His designed appointments.

It's when we come to the end of ourselves, (death to self!) that we can begin with God. It may be humiliating to be forced to return to the place of failure, but that is exactly where His power will enable us to find success. Neither God nor the school teacher forces us to take a year over again if we have passed the examinations, it's only when we have failed must we go back to the beginning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you P.R. To be honest, I don't read your blogs as soon as I get them but when I do it hits me right when I need it. This trip to Brasil isn't an easy one, but I know that I know, it is so necessary for my spiritual growth. Also I know I ain't trying to jump in no fire. "You can keep me cooking, Lord!" Wow! Praise God I'm learning! = ) Love you P.R.
-Bruce