Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I am gonna start crying again!

Today we had a feet washing service .WOW...I am gonna start crying again... WOW! God does some crazy things...

You know when we already know so many things in theory, but in reality they just don’t sink into our hearts? Well, this morning Pastor Joshua talked about how we have a "they" in our lives to help us remove the stone so Lazarus can come out... (John 11:38, 13:4) and He said that what stood out to him was the THEY, Mary and Martha, didn’t need to remove the stone alone... and that there are things in our lives that stinks and smells really bad, like Lazarus. After all, he had been in the tomb for four days....

He explained how God wants to remove those stones, those rocks, and those barriers, and that He wants to bring us out of dead situation. And the best part is that we don’t have to do this alone. As a spiritual family, we need to be the "they" for each other...WOW!

I've always felt like I needed to be "perfect"; that I needed to help people; to be there for them – but I didn't allow people to be there for me. And many times I've been frustrated because I wasn't able to overcome so many personal weaknesses. And adding to this frustration I would think that I was hopeless and felt helpless. I felt like if anybody helped me, it would be like I was being a burden on their time. I didn't want people to worry about me. I didn’t want to be "another problem for someone to solve". And now I can see how I transferred this to God...I didn’t want to be another problem that God needed to solve.

I have always loved to serve Him, but I didn’t want Him to serve me. In my head I know that it brings joy to His heart to serve me, but I figured that I needed to walk alone or "solve" (heal, overcome hurts) myself, alone. But at this moment my reality has become, I can actually trust the people around me. This reality has taken a huge load off of my back. I feel light and safe in my MC family.

Thank you so much Pastor Richard for not giving up on MCBrasil, because of your perseverance and obedience, my life has been changed. - Love, Eli-Ruama

No comments: